Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Lessons from the Universe


A couple of weeks ago, I had decided that I was going to buy a drum *this week*. The drum I had in mind had been up for sale for many months and I wanted it.  I really wanted it.So, I had budgeted, and decided that if it was still there after pay day, it was mine.

Pay day was 4 days ago...The drum had been for sale for many months, a couple of days before pay day it was still there...  I checked on-line and after months of being unwanted on the website, the drum had gone.
So it wasn't meant to be.
The money I had set aside for the drum was £155.

Yesterday I put the wrong fuel in my car, coming out of work tired I put unleaded petrol into my diesel car and having it put right again has cost me £165.18

That is not far out from the money I had set aside for the drum.

So, rather than be all "woe is me" and kicking myself, I am looking at this as a lesson.
I wasn't meant to get the new drum after all, but I was meant to save the money for it. And I was meant to mis-fuel the car. So why?

What I have learnt in the past 24 hours is that I am taken care of.

In the physical sense, everything was taken care of at the petrol station. The gave me their phone to use, I had RAC membership - I could have been stranded there and not known what to do, but at every stage of this I had support and help. All I had to do was ask for it and allow it.  My daughter, who was a passenger at the time,  was picked up and taken home by her mother. The car was towed to my local garage to be fixed, friends rallied round to give support, work colleagues checked what was wrong and to see if I needed help while I was waiting.
I had 24 hours with no car. I was given a lift into work, and once in work people offered to give me lifts home after my shift.
The garage itself was very busy with the bank holiday weekend, but they made time to get the work done for me.

As below, so above -


The universe/Spirit is taking care of me, and this really does click in with a few insecurities I have had recently, and it really does bring home a message that I got from my equinox trip to Moel Fenlli. Not something I have mentioned to anyone else, I've been quietly working it out for myself. And I may be a sentimental old hippy, but this is precisely the message that I needed right now, there are a lot of changes going on for me this year, and it IS good to have it hammered home that things are going to be alright.

TRUST.